- Stay strong in what you’ve heard and seen.
- Teach others what you know to be true.
- Endure the sufferings while continuing your mission.
- Do not be sidetracked by the day to day. Focus Inn the future.
- Stay true to the commandments of Christ.
- Accept the fruit of your labor.
- Meditate and pray, seeking God’s guidance.
2 Timothy 2:1-7 NRSV You then, my child, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus; and what you have heard from me through many witnesses entrust to faithful people who will be able to teach others as well. Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving in the army gets entangled in everyday affairs; the soldier’s aim is to please the enlisting officer. And in the case of an athlete, no one is crowned without competing according to the rules. It is the farmer who does the work who ought to have the first share of the crops. Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in all things. Paul wrote to Timothy and gave him advise as from a feather to a son. Here are the bullet points of that advise.
Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
My sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted Sundays 10 AM central time.
©2020 Thomas E Williams