1. The Lord is my shepherd. Isaiah 30:21 “and when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way. Walk in it.”
2. I shall not want. Philippians 4:19 “And may my God fulfill all your desires, according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
3. He makes me to lie down in green pastures. Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.“
4. He leads me beside the still waters. Jeremiah 31:25 “I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
5. He restores my soul. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think over you, says the Lord: thoughts of peace and not of affliction, so that I may give you patience and an end.
6. He leads me in the paths of righteousness.Psalm 16:11
“You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.”
7. for His name’s sake. 1 John 3:2b Most beloved, we are now the sons of God.
8. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. Isaiah 41:10 Do not be afraid, for I am with you. Do not turn away, for I am your God. I have strengthened you, and I have assisted you, and the right hand of my just one has upheld you.
9. for You are with me.
Matthew 28: 20b “I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
10. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Ephesians 6:10-18 “the full armor of God … belt of Truth … breastplate of righteousness … the gospel of peace … shield of faith … the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
11. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. Romans 8:38 & 39 “neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
12. You anoint my head with oil. 1 John 2:27 “But as for you, let the Anointing that you have received from him abide in you. And so, you have no need of anyone to teach you. For his Anointing teaches you about everything, and it is the truth, and it is not a lie. And just as his Anointing has taught you, abide in him.”
13. My cup runs over. 2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make every grace abound in you, so that, always having what you need in all things, you may abound unto every good work,”
14. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. Romans 7:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”
15. I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. John 14:3, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
Thank you, Lord, for your presence with us in the past, in the present, for the future, and for life eternal.
Also visit my other blogs.
- Tom and Ella’s Daily Journal of Our Lives
- My NEW sermons blog Armchair Sermons. Sermons posted Sundays 10 AM central time.
- All content (except quotations) ©2020 Thomas E. Williams